Bulfinch Temporary Service, an affiliate of Mass General Brigham, is committed to supporting patient care, research, teaching, and service to the community. We place great value on being a diverse, equitable and inclusive organization as we aim to reflect the diversity of the patients we serve. At Mass General Brigham, we believe in equal access to quality care, employment and advancement opportunities encompassing the full spectrum of human diversity: race, gender identity, sexual orientation, ability, religion, ethnicity, national origin and all the other forms of human presence and expression that make us better able to provide innovative and cutting-edge healthcare and research.
GENERAL SUMMARY/ OVERVIEW STATEMENT:
The Staff Assistant, under supervision and according to established policies, procedures and detailed instructions, provides administrative support to the PI and the team when needed. Performs word processing, answers the telephone, schedules meetings and appointments.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintains appointment calendar of the PI and the team meetings. Schedules time and meeting places. Prepares and distributes agendas.
- Provides administrative support for projects such as maintaining databases and running routine reports.
- Maintains non-complex office files and record keeping procedures, purchase orders, etc.
- Orders and maintains office/project supplies and equipment. Processes paperwork necessary for purchase orders, check requests, etc. Tracks and maintains inventory.
- Prepares and processes check requests.
- Provides coverage for other support staff as needed.
- Organizes own work according to priorities set by supervisor.
- Performs other duties or special projects that are lab specific, and that are appropriate to this level of position
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Good command of the English language, grammar, and spelling
- Excellent and effective customer service and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to deal effectively and courteously with a diverse group of customers
- Exceptional organizational skills, flexibility to manage multiple tasks, and attentive to details
- Ability to work independently or within a team environment
- Ability to problem solve and function as a resource to other members of the team, and resolve complex issues on behalf of the providers and the patients
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Knowledge of managed care plans and behavioral health insurance authorizations practices a plus
- Experience with Peoplesoft or other online billing software a plus
SKILLS/ ABILITIES/ COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
High School diploma required; College Graduate preferred
2-3 years administrative experience required; Experience in an academic medical center setting preferred
EEO Statement We are an Affirmative Action Employer. By embracing diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, we choose to lead. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, age, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, military service, genetic information, and/or other status protected under law. We will ensure that all individuals with a disability are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.