GENERAL SUMMARY/ OVERVIEW STATEMENT:
The Massachusetts General Hospital Down Syndrome Program (MGH DSP) is a collaborative, multidisciplinary team serving people with Down syndrome of all ages and their families. We provide evidence-based clinical care, education, and cutting-edge research so that individuals with Down syndrome can reach their full potential. Our clinic sees patients from the prenatal consultation through adulthood and we have a robust research program aimed at improving the health of all people with Down syndrome.
The successful candidate will work closely with the Program Manager to facilitate and coordinate clinic and research visits for our patient population.
The successful candidate will be working with the various MGH DSP research projects on all parts: patient recruitment and study coordination, regulatory documentation, and monitoring. These currently include a longitudinal natural history study, a social networks evaluation, a project to develop a Down syndrome health instrument, and an international clinical registry and biorepository.
The successful candidate will also spend half their time in the out-patient clinic helping to coordinate, in person, the multi-disciplinary patient visits and consenting patients to our research registry. Part of the work in the out-patient clinics will be working with our Self-Advocates with Down syndrome who also present to and help the patients. The candidate will also learn the MGB Medical Record system, Epic.
We are looking for a motivated, caring individual who is interested in learning about the operations of clinical research and is enthusiastic about working with and improving healthcare for people with Down syndrome.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinate research subject visits
- Coordinate out-patient clinic and clinic appointments
- Collect and organize patient data
- Maintain records and databases
- Assist with recruiting patients to research trials
- Obtain patient study data from medical records, physicians, etc.
- Assist with grant and paper writing
- Assist with development and maintaining compliance of Internal Review Board (IRB) documents
- Perform administrative support duties as required
- Careful attention to details
- Great organizational skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Comfortable with technology
- Ability to follow directions
- Ability to work with a team
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (both with peers and patients)
- Familiarity with Epic (electronic medical record system (or other EMR system) a plus
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite: Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint
LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, and/or REGISTRATIONS (if applicable):
CITI training preferred
Epic knowledge preferred
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY (if applicable):
FISCAL RESPONSIBILITY (if applicable):
Administrative office space, out-patient clinical settings, and remote work