The Kleinstiver Laboratory (www.kleinstiverlab.org) in the Center for Genomic Medicine at Massachusetts General Hospital (MGH) is seeking a motivated, enthusiastic candidate to join our research group. Our research group develops and applies CRISPR genome editing technologies for biomedical research and the treatment of human diseases. We utilize protein engineering methods to impart desirable properties into CRISPR nucleases and base editors, and seek to translate novel and optimized reagents into clinically relevant primary cell types, including T cells and HSCs. The lab manager will primarily fulfill an organizational and programmatic role in the Kleinstiver Laboratory, but will also play an integral role in projects related to genome editing technology development and applications thereof.
- a complete CV detailing scientific experience, examples of mentorship, technical skills, publications, presentations, etc.
- a detailed description of the candidate’s research interests, examples of organizational skills, familiarity with grants and financial management, knowledge of genome editing technologies, and career aspirations.
- contact information for three (3) references, including a description of the referee’s familiarity with the candidate.
The Research Laboratory Manager oversees daily operations of the research laboratory, including maintaining equipment/inventory, protocols, research inventories, daily budget and related inquiries. The incumbent will also supervise lab personnel.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervises lab personnel.
- Oversees use of laboratory funds, supply inventory and staff activities.
- Responsible for financial management of lab. Develops budgets, analyzes trends and produces reports. Participates in all aspects of grant writing and proposals.
- Coordinates all regulatory and compliance activities.
- Carries out independent research projects which involve the execution of highly sophisticated techniques.
- Contributes to scientific literature and may present the results at hospital and outside meetings.
- Trains staff in specialized lab techniques.
- Serves as Lab Safety officer.
- Attends lab and departmental meetings.
Bachelor’s degree required
Minimum of 7 years of progessively more responsible expereince in a research related field
Superviosry expereince requried with financial management background
SKILLS/ ABILITIES/ COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
- Ability to make independent effective decisions.
- Excellent judgment and ability to interpret information and protocol requirements.
- Aptitude for technical problem solving.
- Ability to effectively supervise others.
- Excellent organizational skills to formulate and complete vigorous timetables and meet the grants complex financial restrictions.
- Strong working knowledge of NIH awards and funding regulations.
- Must possess strong budget management skills.
- Duties will be performed in a research laboratory.
- Work will be conducted over a forty-hour workweek.
Manages all lab personnel including hiring, corrective action, performance appraisal, orientation and training.
Responsible for financial management of lab. Develops budgets, analyzes trends and produces reports. Participates in all aspects of grant writing and proposals.Apply online here: https://partners.taleo.net/careersection/ghc/jobdetail.ftl?job=3108566