The Molecular Neurogenetics Unit Tissue Culture Facility in the Center for Human Genetic Research provides investigators with a variety of tissue culture services involving human lymphoblast and fibroblast cell lines. The Research Tech I will perform routine cell culture, database record keeping and freezer storage of human cell lines.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under supervision, the Research Tech I will perform a range of routine cell culture procedures provided as a paid service to investigators using the core facility.
The technician will be responsible for:
- Maintaining detailed confidential records
- Assist with establishing/maintaining lymphoblast cultures for research from human blood samples
- Assist with establishing/maintaining fibroblast cultures from human skin punches
- Fulfilling client requests by pulling from the freezer and growing frozen cell lines
- Overseeing freezer organization maintenance including space management
- Assist with laboratory maintenance including maintaining equipment and stocking supplies.
Bachelor’s degree required in cell biology, molecular biology or related field.
Lab experience in addition to school lab experience strongly preferred.