GENERAL SUMMARY/ OVERVIEW STATEMENT:
The Ge Laboratory in the Center for Genomic Medicine at Massachusetts General Hospital (MGH) is seeking a motivated, enthusiastic candidate to join our research group. Our research program develops novel statistical and computational methods to explore the genetic basis of a spectrum of human complex traits and common diseases and to advance precision medicine.
The data analyst will be responsible for conducting data management and statistical analysis tasks for several large-scale studies. Current projects are focused on: (i) leveraging global biobanks to dissect the genetic architectures of human traits and diseases in diverse populations; (ii) developing scalable and accurate statistical genetic methods such as polygenic prediction and fine-mapping for improved discovery and mapping of common and rare disease-causing variants, and individualized prediction of disease risk and trajectories in clinical settings; (iii) integrating large-scale genomic, neuroimaging, behavioral and clinical data to uncover the genetic and neural underpinnings of brain disorders.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform storage, cleaning and pre-processing of large-scale, diverse datasets including genomics, neuroimaging, electronic health records, biomarkers and behavioral data.
- Design, plan and execute advanced statistical analysis of large-scale datasets
- Assist with the development, implementation and validation of novel statistical methods and computational algorithms
- Dissemination of results via conferences and journal publication
- Acts as a statistical subject matter expert and resource for numerous projects
- Extensive data science experience with statistical, computational or machine learning approaches
- Advanced knowledge of statistical analysis approaches (e.g., linear, logistic and regularized regression; longitudinal analyses; Bayesian methods)
- Knowledge of bioinformatics data analysis pipelines to implement research projects
- Must be able to work independently as well as part of a team in a fast-paced, highly collaborative and supportive environment
- Ability to adapt to shifting priorities in response to changing deadlines and the needs of the lab
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent quantitative and organizational skills
- Proven ability to work well in collaborative environment
- Practical experience with Linux environments and proficient in at least one of the widely-used programming languages such as Python, MATLAB, C and R. Experience with high-performance compute cluster and cloud computing is a plus
- MA degree required in related field
- 2-5 years of experience in managing complex data required.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, and/or REGISTRATIONS (if applicable): N/A
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY (if applicable): N/A
FISCAL RESPONSIBILITY (if applicable): N/A
WORKING CONDITIONS: Simches research building
EEO Statement Massachusetts General Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. By embracing diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, we choose to lead. Applications from protected veterans and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged.