The Psychiatric and Neurodevelopmental Genetics Unit under the Center for Genomic Medicine at Massachusetts General Hospital (MGH) is seeking a motivated, enthusiastic candidate to join our research group. Our research projects aim to leverage large-scale data resources including electronic health records, genomics, neuroimaging, and behavioral data across the spectrum of neuropsychiatric disorders and related phenotypes. The data analyst will be responsible for conducting data management and statistical analysis tasks for several large-scale studies.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Design, plan, and execute statistical and machine learning analyses of large-scale data sets including health system data and genomics.
- Assist with the development and implementation of predictive analytic algorithms incorporating diverse data types including electronic health records, genomics, behavioral data, and biomarkers.
- Work with team to design and execute research plans to ensure that critical project requirements, timelines, and deliverables are met.
- Database management and administration of large-scale, diverse datasets
- Implement quality control, data security procedures and data audits for assurance of all research data
- Perform complex data acquisition, storage, cleaning, and pre-processing
- Performs advanced quantitative statistical analysis methods
- Dissemination of results via conferences and journal publication
- Acts as a statistical subject matter expert and resource for numerous projects
- Extensive data science experience, including experience with statistical and machine learning approaches
- Advanced knowledge of statistical analysis approaches (e.g., linear and logistic regression; longitudinal analyses)
- Knowledge of bioinformatics data analysis pipelines to implement research projects
- Must be able to work independently as well as part of a team in a fast-paced, highly collaborative and supportive environment
- Ability to adapt to shifting priorities in response to changing deadlines and the needs of the lab
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent quantitative and organizational skills
- Proven ability to work well in collaborative environment
- Ability to perform complex statistics or biostatistics, data mining, database management, and computer programming (e.g., SAS, R, Unix).
- Ability to perform genetic analysis
MA degree required in related field
2-5 years of experience in managing complex data required.
Simches research buildingApply online here: https://partners.taleo.net/careersection/ghc/jobdetail.ftl?job=3102253