GENERAL SUMMARY/ OVERVIEW STATEMENT:
The Claussnitzer and Soukas Laboratories in the Center for Genomic Medicine at Massachusetts General Hospital (MGH) are seeking a motivated, enthusiastic candidate to join our research groups. Our research groups study the genetics of metabolism and aging, and how genetics contributes to diseases such as obesity and type 2 diabetes.
Dr. Claussnitzer is a Principal Investigator in the CGM and an Institute Member at the Broad Institute of MIT and Harvard. Her lab aims to develop strategies to link metabolic risk variants to their target genes and cellular functions to develop actionable therapeutic hypotheses for metabolic diseases.
Dr. Soukas is the Associate Director of the Center for Genomic Medicine as well as a Principal Investigator in the center. His lab uses model systems to dissect the underpinnings of how the cells of our bodies change with age and how these changes contribute to our lifespan and risk for aging-related diseases such as type 2 diabetes, obesity, cancer, and dementia. The Soukas laboratory was founded in 2010 at MGH in the CGM and currently has 6 Harvard Ph.D. graduate students , 4 postdoctoral fellows, and one technician/lab manager.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides direct support to Dr. Claussnitzer in her role as CGM and Broad Head of Laboratories (~25% effort).
- Provides direct support to Dr. Soukas in his roles as the CGM Associate Director and Head of Laboratory (~75% effort), including administrative support for major initiatives in the CGM.
- Manage calendar, schedule meetings, and handle correspondence.
- Coordinate all aspects of travel.
- Independently maintain, track and update files. These include CV, Biographical Sketch, Other Support and/or other legal and administrative documents.
- Provide general administrative assistance to Soukas and Claussnitzer lab members.
- Create and maintain standard operating procedures for lab personnel, training, safety.
- Handle purchasing, manage and complete invoice payments, reimbursements, keep track of laboratory software licenses and renewals, and other payments as instructed.
- Maintain familiarity with all applicable Mass General Brigham guidelines.
- Manage and track consulting agreements, confidentiality agreements, SAB agreements, and equity agreements.
- Assist with organization and maintenance of laboratory website, Twitter feed, lab infrastructure, and databases.
- Support the submission of manuscripts and reviews
- Assist with other tasks as needed
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Excel, and other Microsoft Office applications
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to learn new computer applications quickly and use them efficiently
- Ability to make decisions quickly and independently
- Excellent interpersonal/communications skills
- Experience with social media (Twitter, LinkedIn) and with presentation of informative content on Laboratory and CGM websites (html not required, but experience with website content and layout a plus).
- Ability to interact with individuals in senior leadership roles at Partners HealthCare and throughout the industry
- Creative thinking, a willingness to learn new things, problem solving and an ability to handle multiple projects are expected
- Ability to handle sensitive/confidential matters discreetly and maintain confidentiality guidelines
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent required
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Required: Minimum 1-2 years of relevant experience required
Field of Study/Additional Specialized Training: Not Applicable
LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, and/or REGISTRATIONS: Not Applicable
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY (authority to hire, promote, or terminate): Not Applicable
FISCAL RESPONSIBILITY: Not Applicable
Office environment in the Center for Genomic Medicine which is located on the 5th and 6th floors of the Richard B. Simches Research Building at 185 Cambridge Street on the MGH Main Campus in Boston, MA
EEO Statement Massachusetts General Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. By embracing diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, we choose to lead. Applications from protected veterans and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged.