GENERAL SUMMARY/ OVERVIEW STATEMENT:
The McCance Center for Brain Health and Center for Genomic Medicine seek a Staff Assistant to join our growing administrative team. The incumbent will provide direct administrative support to Managing Co-Director of the McCance Center, Dr. Jonathan Rosand and work closely with the Director of Operations and Project Manager(s) across the Center. The incumbent must possess expert knowledge of office information systems, as well as, understanding of the organization, programs and procedures related to the work of the McCance Center teams. This position requires discretion and judgment to organize priorities, complete tasks and handle confidential information.
The Staff Assistant must bring demonstrated talent for coordination and calendar management, possess strong communication skills, and be skilled in Microsoft Office software. They will work independently, with minimal supervision, while also contributing to a team-centric work environment by proactively managing the Managing Co-Director’s schedule; serving as a key member of the Center’s administrative team, enthusiastically interfacing with departments, vendors, and collaborators within the institution and around the world; as well as participating in a wide variety of project work. The Staff Assistant position requires the ability to be well-organized, outgoing, and professional in a variety of settings.
The Staff Assistant must embrace and live Mass General’s core values of respect, recognition, communication, commitment, trust, innovation, and service. Thy must be excited to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, clinical and scientific environment to facilitate and ensure all activities are conducted with the highest degree of integrity. Success in this position requires a strong passion and capacity to work with scientists and clinicians from diverse disciplines, ability to thrive in a dynamic, diverse, and inclusive team, and an interest in healthcare or brain health.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide administrative and project management support to Dr. Jonathan Rosand
- Provide administrative and project support to the projects the McCance Center team, as needed.
- Manage calendar, schedule meetings, and handle correspondence
- Coordinate all aspects of Dr. Rosand’s’ travel
- Independently maintain, track and update files. These include CV, Biographical Sketch, Other Support and/or other legal and administrative documents.
- Create and maintain standard operating procedures
- Handle purchasing, manage and complete invoice payments, reimbursements, and other payments as instructed
- Maintain familiarity with all applicable Mass General Brigham guidelines
- Manage and track consulting agreements, confidentiality agreements, SAB agreements, and equity agreements
- Communicating with patients and donors in a professional manner
- Assist the Managing Co-Director with special projects as needed
- Project Management – Maintain an understanding of the ongoing scientific projects and programs, including the Managing Co-Director’s commitments to each and expectations of others
- Assist with other tasks as needed, at the discretion of the Managing Co-Director
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Excel, and other Microsoft Office applications
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to learn new computer applications quickly and use them efficiently
- Ability to make decisions quickly and independently
- Excellent interpersonal/communications skills
- Ability to interact with individuals in senior leadership roles at Partners HealthCare and throughout the industry
- Creative thinking, a willingness to learn new things, problem solving and an ability to handle multiple projects are expected
- Ability to handle sensitive/confidential matters discreetly and maintain confidentiality guidelines
High school diploma, GED or equivalent
Required: 1-2 years of relevant experience preferred
Office environment in a research building
EEO Statement Massachusetts General Hospital is an Affirmative Action Employer. By embracing diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, we choose to lead. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, age, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, military service, genetic information, and/or other status protected under law. We will ensure that all individuals with a disability are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.